So, we’re interrupting our normal posting schedule for a very special, VERY AWESOME announcement. Because….
Jodi Meadows’ INCARNATE releases today!!!!
We are so, so proud and excited to have Jodi at Pub Crawl—she’s clever and funny and super-talented…and just an all-around wonderful person. We’ve ALL been counting down the minutes until today—some of us since we saw the deal listing for Incarnate long, long ago. A few of us even went to the bookstore this weekend JUST to see if they had copies out early!! How can you read this summary and NOT want to pick up the book?
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?
Seriously EPIC. And if you didn’t see Kat Zhang’s glowing recommendation for Incarnate yesterday, go check it out! And if THAT still isn’t enough to tempt you, watch this book trailer!
It’s sounds SO original and swoon-worthy and intriguing, right?!
In honor of Incarnate’s release, we’re giving away a copy of Jodi’s fabulous book (US-only…See how to enter below)! The winner will be announced next week, BUT in case you can’t wait that long to get your hands on Incarnate, you can buy a copy from Indie Bound, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Book Depository, or wherever books are sold!
AND, just because she’s awesome, we wanted to interview Jodi on the day INCARNATE goes out into the world:
1. Jodi, do you remember where you were when you wrote the first words of Incarnate?
Absolutely. I have a desktop computer, so I was sitting right here in my ferret room. It was October 31, my writingversary, and I’d just finished plotting the entire trilogy. I couldn’t wait to get started.
2. How cool! (maybe everyone ought to have a ferret room for writing inspiration :P) Well, since then, what are 3 of the most exciting things (writing/book-wise!) that have happened to you—disregarding the the obvious of signing with an agent and getting a book sale of course!
- I’ve gotten to meet so many cool people who found me through Incarnate, either because they work for/with my publisher, or they are just interested in reading.
- Book cover. What writer ISN’T excited and nervous about their first book cover? It makes things so real!
- ARCs. (This may be replaced when hardcovers come in.) Just seeing my book IN BOOK FORM for the first time was so, so startling. I’m used to seeing other people’s words in books. Not my own. It gets me every time I look at one of my ARCs. (Which, if I’m being honest, is frequently.)
3. Book covers and ARCs! That IS very exciting! Talking about exciting things, how are you preparing for your release day tomorrow?
By doing everything important ahead of time so I can spend the majority of the day staring at the wall and drooling. Okay, hopefully there won’t actually be drool.
4. Hehehe. We won’t judge!! If you could pick one thing to “set the mood” for someone reading Incarnate—background music, a location, a time of day, etc, what would it be?
Start reading when it’s cold and you’re alone, when you feel like the only person in the whole world.
5. Okay, any last words to the readers out there today (the day Incarnate releases! EEE!)?
Seriously, though: if you like a book, recommend it to others. Word of mouth is the most important marketing any book can have.
So, so true!!!! Congrats again, Jodi—we can’t wait to see what lies in store for you and INCARNATE, and we’re absolutely honored to have you at Pub Crawl!!!!
JODI MEADOWS lives and writes in the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia, with her husband, a cat, and an alarming number of ferrets. She is a confessed book addict and has wanted to be a writer ever since she decided against becoming an astronaut. You can find her on Twitter, LiveJournal, and Facebook, and visit her website here.