Today we have the amazing Beth Revis answering a few questions! We may or may not have loosened her up with extra beer and Nutella first.
Have you ordered A Million Suns yet? We’re definitely excited for this book!
ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
Godspeed was fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos.
It’s been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. And everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed. But there may just be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He’s finally free to enact his vision – no more Phydus, no more lies.
But when Elder discovers shocking news about the ship, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on Godspeed. They must work together to unlock a puzzle that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier, unable to fight the romance that’s growing between them and the chaos that threatens to tear them apart.
In book two of the Across the Universe trilogy, New York Times bestselling author Beth Revis mesmerizes us again with a brilliantly crafted mystery filled with action, suspense, romance, and deep philosophical questions. And this time it all builds to one mind-bending conclusion: They have to get off this ship.
1. Which one of your characters would you most want to kiss?
I would say Harley, but as his character is based on a former student of mine, I find that very icky. Instead, I will say that I would most want to kiss a new character who is introduced in Book 3. (I can’t kiss Elder—Amy would punch me!)
2. We agree about avoiding icky and getting punched! So, if you were transported into your book, which scene would you most want to reenact?
I’d like to be in the scene when Harley paints Amy’s portrait. It’s one of the rare quiet moments of the book, where there’s no danger and no angst, just friends being together. I also like to see art being made.
3. Ooh, that is such a nice scene. Now, what’s a typical writing day for you?
Wake up, stumble around, and be unproductive until the coffee kicks in. Write from around 1pm to 5pm (with, admittedly, breaks online between that).
4. That sounds like a lovely kind of writing day. What are you reading now?
Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood. It’s such an awesome blend of alternative history, romance, sacrifice, and paranormal.
5. Ooo, looking forward to that one! All right, now for the real question: In 300 years, a spaceship will be space-ready and they want YOU to be on the maiden voyage—but you’ll have to be put in cryogenic sleep for 300 years while you wait. What do you say?
NO WAY. Dude. That shizz HURTS.
6. *checks chapter one again* So it does. If you could spend a night at the pub with any 3 authors (alive or dead) who would it be and why?
CS Lewis—for the conversation, and so I could be an honorary Inkling.
JK Rowling—so I could get her drunk and then pick her brain about the cool stuff at Hogwarts.
Diana Wynne Jones—she seems like such a charming, magical lady, and it would be an honor to raise a glass in toast to her.
7. Great choices! But . . . Pub Brawl!!!!! What weapon are you wielding?
More beer! That’ll stop the fight and make everyone friends again.
Thanks for visiting Pub(lishing) Crawl!
And now YOU, our readers, can get a chance to read Beth’s AMAZING Across the Universe AND its sequel, A Million Suns. All you have to do is leave a comment telling us if you’ve read Beth’s books OR what your favorite science fiction novel is. We’ll announce the winner in a week, and it’s open internationally!
BETH REVIS (www.AcrosstheUniverseBook.com) is the New York Times bestselling author of the Across the Universe trilogy. A Million Suns is her second book. Beth lives in rural North Carolina with her husband and dog, and believes space is nowhere near the final frontier.