Coverlust: Bittersweet

Not only do I have a serious case of writer envy for Sarah Ockler’s beautiful writing, I am also seriously in love with her covers. The cover for her latest novel, Bittersweet, in particular has me drooling. Literally.  Baked goods on covers is lovely, lovely sight and something that I’m hoping will become a trend. Down with vampires, in with brownies!

Although, unfortunately that trend has not yet taken off, Bittersweet has a rare and wonderful cover that makes you want to devour the novel almost as much as the delicious, cookie heart-shaped cookie at its centre.

Another superbly beautiful and unique cover that has caught my eye is that for Dawn Rae Miller’s Larkstorm.

The almost anime-esque style of the illustration combined with the subtle colour scheme hints at a read that straddles the line between dark and light just perfectly to me.

Aren’t both of these covers just beautiful?

Be sure to swing by tomorrow for the release of the cover for Kat Zhang’s What’s Left of Me, plus a giveaway! 😀

8 Responses to Coverlust: Bittersweet

1. Julie
    Julie Feb 16 2012 at 6:46 am #

These are gorgeous covers, Vee! I especially like LARKSTORM (which is also a fantastic title, IMHO :)) Thanks for sharing.

• Vahini Feb 18 2012 at 12:58 am #

Omg, I agree that Larkstorm is a fantastic title and the cover and the title go together so well 🙂

2. Vanessa Di Gregorio
    Vanessa Di Gregorio Feb 16 2012 at 12:00 pm #

OMG! The LARKSTORM cover is absolutely STUNNING! And I agree with Julie – what a gorgeous title, too!

• Vahini Feb 18 2012 at 12:59 am #

I know! I feel like I haven’t seen enough cover love for LARKSTORM. It’s absolutely beautiful and too underrated, imo 🙂

3. Amie Kaufman
    Amie Kaufman Feb 17 2012 at 7:01 am #

Oh, both gorgeous covers (and also a little dance, because somehow I missed the existence of Bittersweet!).

• Vahini Feb 18 2012 at 1:00 am #

I missed the existence of Bittersweet for the longest time, too! I only just discovered it and I think it’s been out for a while, now.

4. Petra Feb 17 2012 at 9:39 am #

I agree, both cover are gorgeous. I love how the writing and baked good on Bittersweet are slightly embossed. And the book itself is cute baby blue.

• Vahini Feb 18 2012 at 1:28 am #

Oooh, that’s true. I didn’t notice that the writing and baked goods on Bittersweet were embossed before, but you’re right it’s a really lovely touch 🙂