What We’re Reading Now

HAPPY FRIDAY!

If you’re like us here at Pub Crawl, you look forward to the weekend for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is more time to spend reading!

Here’s a peek at the books we’re reading now…

Jodi Meadows is reading INSURGENT by Veronica Roth.

Joanna Volpe is reading EMPIRE STATE by Adam Christopher.

Sarah J. Maas is reading ARCHANGEL’S KISS by Nalini Singh.

Leigh Bardugo is reading SNOW CRASH by Neal Stephenson.

Erin Bowman and Rachel Seigel are both reading BITTERBLUE by Kristin Cashore.

Vanessa Di Gregorio is reading MONSTERS OF MEN by Patrick Ness.

Mandy Hubbard is reading A ROGUE BY ANY OTHER NAME by Sarah Maclean.

Marie Lu is reading THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN by Katherine Applegate.

Biljana Likic is reading MONA LISA OVERDRIVE by William Gibson.

Vahini Naidoo is reading DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE by Laini Taylor.

Savannah Foley is reading BLACKBRINGER by Laini Taylor.

Amie Kaufman is reading THE WAY WE FALL by Megan Crewe.

Julie Eshbaugh is reading INCARNATE by Jodi Meadows.

Wow! WHAT A LIST!

Do these titles inspire you to pick up something new or different?

What are you reading now?

28 Responses to What We’re Reading Now

1. Julie
    Julie Mar 2 2012 at 6:01 am #

I have to smile – this looks like it could almost be a “Coverlust” post!

2. Sooz Mar 2 2012 at 6:59 am #

Oh wow!! What a great list!! I’m reading TANGLED by Erica O’Rourke (though I wasn’t reading ANYTHING when you sent you the call. ;)) But I see some more great books to add to my teetering TBR stack! Thanks for compiling this great list, Julie!

And you’re SO right!! It *does* look like a Coverlust post!!

Julie Mar 2 2012 at 9:45 am #

Hey Sooz! I still need to get to TANGLED, but it is on my (also teetering) TBR list. 🙂

3. Katie Mar 2 2012 at 9:09 am #

Insurgent! Bitterblue! Be still my heart! But seriously… Vanessa is the luckiest because Monsters of Men just may be the BEST BOOK EVER WRITTEN! Happy weekend, y’all 🙂

Julie Mar 2 2012 at 9:48 am #

Wow! More raves for MONSTERS OF MEN! (Since I started putting this list together, I’ve been hearing amazing things about the series.) Thanks for your comment and have a great weekend too, Katie. 🙂

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Mar 2 2012 at 4:10 pm #

Katie, I think all three books make the CHAOS WALKING trilogy one of the BEST TRILOGIES EVER WRITTEN! (And I’m not even done MONSTER OF MEN yet!)

Seriously, I don’t think Patrick Ness gets nearly enough hype. We should start a Patrick Ness fan club!

Julie Mar 2 2012 at 4:48 pm #

*adds all Patrick Ness books to TBR list*

• Tamara Walsh Mar 2 2012 at 10:19 pm #

I want to be in the fan club! I’m amazed that these books don’t get more hype. I just finished them a few weeks ago. One of my all time favorite series ever! Do you know that Patrick Ness just put out a prequel, which follows Viola’s life on the spaceship before she meets Todd? I’m not normally into prequels, but I think I’ll be picking this one up!

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
          Vanessa Di Gregorio Mar 6 2012 at 11:59 am #

A PREQUEL?!?!? OMG I need that! Thanks Tamara!

And yes – you are TOTALLY a member of the Patrick Ness fan club! 😀

4. Rachel Seigel Mar 2 2012 at 11:31 am #

I definitely am wishing I didn’t have anything else to do but read for a few days after seeing this list! I just got my ARC of Insurgent in the mail, and am looking forward to diving in. (After I finish “Bitterblue” of course!)

Julie Mar 2 2012 at 12:23 pm #

Hey Rachel! I agree – I know it’s a bit cliche, but I do find myself thinking, “so many books, so little time…” 🙂

5. Tim Mar 2 2012 at 2:37 pm #

Hmmmmmm I think I;ve heard of Archangels Kiss. Is it a sequel? Anyway…
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, I love this section (Fireworks and confetti)
    I’ve heard some incredible things about Divergent, is Insurgent the sequel or am i just, you know, wrong. Ahhhhh now I get to say what I’m reading.
    The Killing Kind by John Connolly, (Favourite Author. Love the main character)
    Dragon Haven, By Robbin Hobb.
    And Tommorrow, when the war begun by I can’t remmember (Susan gave me the book in a giveaway:P)

Julie Mar 2 2012 at 3:10 pm #

Yay for reading three books at one time! (you are my hero 😉 ) For the record, the author of TOMORROW WHEN THE WAR BEGAN is John Marsden. And YES! INSURGENT is the sequel to DIVERGENT, so you were not wrong at all. Thanks for commenting!

6. Vanessa Di Gregorio
    Vanessa Di Gregorio Mar 2 2012 at 4:11 pm #

Great post, Julie! Also – I am having SERIOUS cover lust for INSURGENT!!! Just – WOW.

Julie Mar 2 2012 at 4:45 pm #

I know, me too! That tree is really making me wonder where the story is going, and it fits so well with the DIVERGENT cover. <3

7. Sarah Brand Mar 2 2012 at 7:34 pm #

As someone currently rereading Neuromancer by William Gibson, I highly approve of this list!

Julie Mar 2 2012 at 11:07 pm #

Hey Sarah! I haven’t read NEUROMANCER but I do think it would fit in with this list well! 🙂

8. Rika Ashton Mar 2 2012 at 8:27 pm #

Yay! More great books for my reading list! Plus, I finally got my hands on a copy of INCARNATE and I can’t wait to start. 😀

@Maddy Hubbard: Sarah MacLean is on my insta-buy list. Her books are so funny!

@Sarah J. Maas: You’re going to love ARCHANGEL’S KISS. I can’t rave enough about how great a writer Nalini Singh is and the “Guild Hunter” series is AMAZING!

Julie Mar 2 2012 at 11:10 pm #

Hi Rika! You will LOVE INCARNATE!!! Make sure you have lots of time to read, because you will not be able to put it down! 🙂

9. Amie
    Amie Mar 2 2012 at 9:47 pm #

So many books, so little time! But I have a little down time now, with edits in, so I’m going to dive on into a heap of good books!

Julie Mar 2 2012 at 11:11 pm #

Hey Amie! So glad this post came around just in time for you to have some time to read! 🙂

10. Tamara Walsh Mar 2 2012 at 10:23 pm #

@Vanessa DiGregori0: You’re going to love Monsters of Men! Great book. Great whole series!

@Jodi Meadows: I”m seriously envious that you get to read Insurgent. I feel like I’m one of the last people in the YA world to read Divergent. I just finished it a few days ago. Amazing book. Now I’m on fire to get my hands on Insurgent. I can’t wait until May!!

I want to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Insurgent next. You guys will have to let me know which one was better or if they tied! 🙂

Julie Mar 2 2012 at 11:13 pm #

Hey Tamara! I, too, am VERY jealous of Jodi for having her hands on INSURGENT. Can’t wait until May!

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Mar 6 2012 at 11:57 am #

I’m loving it so far! And I’ve completely ignored writing on my WIP because of this trilogy!

11. Sarah J. Maas
    Sarah J. Maas Mar 3 2012 at 1:14 pm #

Bleeerg, I wish I wasn’t so busy with writing, because all of these books sound SO FABULOUS. So many books, so little time!!! *sighhhh*

Julie Mar 3 2012 at 5:24 pm #