Leaving Pub Crawl

After two and a half years with Let The Words Flow, and now Pub[lishing] Crawl, which is basically forever in internet time, I’ve made the decision to step down as a contributor to this blog project.

If you’d like to read my reasons, you’re welcome to visit this post on my personal blog. But given that this is my last day posting, and my last opportunity to speak to you all, I’d rather use this space to tell you how much you and this blog have meant to me.

Over these years you were in my thoughts constantly. As a team this blog worked and plotted to bring you better information, clearer insight, and more fun projects and giveaways. It has always been incredibly important to me to be able to give back to the community, to give the gift of knowledge, bringing clarity to a path that can be so confusing. I’ve tried to do that for you here.

And yes, we’ve had some fun times 🙂 Joking about When your S.O. misinterprets your actions as a writer. You guys graciously let me sing a Lady Gaga parody about fandoms. You cheered at my short-lived Book Cook internet show. You let me rant about censorship. Sooz beautifully sang a song parody I made about holidays for writers. Remember when e-books came out and everyone was convinced the world was ending? We got through that one together. You let me philosophize. You put up with my crazy ideas about what writing means. You also empathized with my dark side. You even agreed with my grudge against characters with violet eyes!

I’ve been through some tough stuff these past few years. And always, always, this blog was a safe haven, sometimes the only place I felt I truly belonged. Being here taught me everything I know about publishing. Connecting with you guys taught me about the experiences of other writers, and just how hard it can be out there sometimes. You taught me that I am not alone.

Even if you only ever ghost-read. Even if you stopped in rarely, or have just started visiting, you were still a part of this. For the community you helped create here, from the bottom of my heart I thank you.

You will still find me in the comments now and then. And when an idea strikes I’ll still post my own confessionary brand of articles on my personal blog. I would love it if you followed me there, or on Facebook, or Twitter, and dropped in now and then to let me know how you are. There are some of you I’m watching very closely to see where your publishing journey takes you 😉

So, that’s it from me. As I said in our LTWF goodbye post, “This was the best time, you guys. Thank you so much for letting me be here.”

Love forever,

Savannah

20 Responses to Leaving Pub Crawl

1. Julie
    Julie Mar 21 2012 at 8:01 am #

Savannah – Thanks for everything you’ve done for LTWF and PC! Your contributions have been GREAT. I will miss you SO MUCH! I wish you nothing but happiness and success in everything you do. <3 xoxo Julie

• savannahjfoley Mar 21 2012 at 8:10 am #

Thank you so much, Julie. You’ve been amazingly supportive and I know we’ll keep in touch <3

2. Meredith Mar 21 2012 at 8:05 am #

Take care, Savannah! Thanks for all the great posts, and best of luck in your journey!

3. E.Maree Mar 21 2012 at 8:07 am #

Best of luck in the future! 🙂

4. Amie
    Amie Mar 21 2012 at 8:30 am #

I will never forget that Christmas musical number. HOW did it not chart?

Good luck and many fabulous words as you go forward!

5. Rowenna Mar 21 2012 at 9:38 am #

All best, Savannah–and thank you for all your thoughts, wise words, and, of course, hilarious antics over the years!

6. Kat Zhang
    Kat Zhang Mar 21 2012 at 10:23 am #

I’m so glad we live (relatively) close and can see each other in person 🙂 I know we’ll keep in touch online, too!

7. Angelica Mar 21 2012 at 11:16 am #

Savannah, I wish you nothing but the best of luck in your future writing endeavours. I will continue to follow you on your blog & Facebook and I thank you for all the words and wisdom that you gave LTWF and Pub Crawl. I have enjoyed reading them immensely.

8. Vanessa Di Gregorio
    Vanessa Di Gregorio Mar 21 2012 at 2:48 pm #

Sav, I am going to miss hearing from you in all the Pub Crawl email chains – but we’ll keep in touch! Thank you for still being the first person to ever read the beginning of RIFT – I’ll always appreciate your feedback on it! I’d say best of luck, but that feels too much like a goodbye – so I’ll be watching you (on Twitter and Facebook and whatnot ;P)

9. Sydney Mar 22 2012 at 8:07 am #

I already left you a FB message, but I just wanted to say it here: you’re awesome and will be missed! I know you’ll probably still be around every now and then, but it’s still true. Anyway, I really hope that everything turns out wonderfully for you, whether it be writing or life in general (although, what’s the difference these days?). Love you! 🙂

10. Kaye M. Mar 22 2012 at 9:04 pm #