April Releases!

Woohoo! April is here! And you know what that means—more books! Okay, and spring is here. And there’s nothing like reading a new book out in the sun.

And if you’re anything like me, you probably want more titles than you’ll be able to read. I wish I could list ALL of April’s releases, but in the interest of our wallets, I’ve decided to only list some. So here’s a list of the select few titles that I’m really excited about!

April 1st (ALREADY OUT!)

April 3rd

STORYBOUND by Marissa Burt (MG Fantasy)

THE STORM MAKERS by Jennifer E. Smith (MG Fantasy)

The Storm Makers

BLACK HEART by Holly Black (YA Paranormal)

GRAVE MERCY by R.L. LaFevers (YA Historical/Paranormal)

April 10th

THE BOOK OF BLOOD AND SHADOW by Robin Wasserman (YA Paranormal)

The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman

THE PRINCESS OF TRELIAN by Michelle Knudsen (MG Fantasy)

The Princess of Trelian by Michelle Knudsen

April 17th

THE WICKED AND THE JUST by J. Anderson Coats (YA Historical)

The Wicked and the Just by J. Anderson Coats

GONE, GONE, GONE by Hannah Moskowitz (YA Contemporary)

Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah Moskowitz

April 24th

THE MASQUE OF RED DEATH by Bethany Griffin (YA Steampunk/Dystopian)

THE SELECTION by Kiera Cass (YA Dystopian)

The Selection by Kiera Cass

THE STORY OF US by Deb Caletti (YA Contemporary)

The Story of Us by Deb Caletti

So, what April releases are YOU most excited for? Did I leave out any titles coming out this month that you’re super pumped for?

12 Responses to April Releases!

1. Natasa @ The YA Cove Apr 2 2012 at 8:00 am #

I’m SUPER excited for almost all those books especially Above, The False Prince, Grave Mercy, Masque of the Red Death and the Book of Blood and Shadow!! This April is a great month for us book bloggers. Can’t wait until they’re sitting on my bookshelf 🙂

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Apr 2 2012 at 2:32 pm #

I am so so SO excited for THE FALSE PRINCE! And the MASQUE OF RED DEATH and THE BOOK OF BLOOD AND SHADOW both sound dark and fascinating THE WICKED AND THE JUST has such a fantastic title – that alone makes me want to read it!

And I agree – this is a fantastic month for books!

2. rachel Apr 2 2012 at 12:15 pm #

I just read THE FALSE PRINCE and it was awesome! Great high fantasy. Although it is marked YA, I sometimes felt the main character could be have been 13 and it could have been middle grade. Nevertheless, if you’re looking for something to fulfill your time before sarah’s book :)))

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Apr 2 2012 at 2:33 pm #

EEEE! Now I’m even MORE excited for THE FALSE PRINCE! I can never get enough of high fantasy 🙂

3. Sooz Apr 2 2012 at 12:18 pm #

Ooooh, so many books I’m looking forward to! MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH, STORYBOUND. THE FALSE PRINCE…. Thanks for gathering them all together here, V! There are a few gems on this list I had totally forgotten about!!

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Apr 2 2012 at 2:35 pm #

I won’t lie… I panicked a bit when TeensReadToo.com disappeared, but it ended up being a fun hunt to put together a list of books coming out in April that I’m particularly excited about 🙂

And Storybound sounds like another whimsical/fantastic MG read – can’t wait!

4. Krispy Apr 2 2012 at 3:06 pm #

Wow, so many great books out this month! I think I’m most excited for Black Heart! Hadn’t heard of THE FALSE PRINCE but I just read the blurb on goodreads, and omg, must get it!

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Jul 11 2012 at 11:16 am #

RIGHT? I actually picked up a copy of THE FALSE PRINCE – now it’s sitting in my TBR pile at home, calling to me :p

5. Lauren M. Apr 2 2012 at 3:59 pm #

You forgot REMARKABLE by Lizzie K. Foley! It’s a middle grade coming out from Dial/Penguin on April 12th. I got an ARC of it in January, and it’s one of the funniest and best books I’ve read… ever! I am SUPER PUMPED for everyone else to get ahold of this one!!!

As for the books you’ve mentioned, I’ve heard such amazing things about THE FALSE PRINCE!! I can’t wait to read! 🙂

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Jul 11 2012 at 11:17 am #

Ooooh, I actually haven’t heard of REMARKABLE! I’ll definitely have to go check it out – thanks for bringing it to my attention! 😀

6. Amber Apr 2 2012 at 6:16 pm #

There are tons of good books coming out in April, but my most excited one is Purity by Jackson Pearce! I LOVE her books, and pumped that this one is a contemporary novel.

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Jul 11 2012 at 11:18 am #

I can’t believe I forgot about PURITY and left it out! Shoot! It has such a pretty cover, too!