What We’re Reading Now

Another week comes to a close! And this means plenty of time to curl up on the couch with a good book. Here’s a peek at the books us PubCrawl gals will be spending some time with this weekend…

Rachel is reading Deadly CooL by Gemma Halliday and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.

Vee is reading Atonement by Ian McEwan.

Sooz is reading The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner.

Sarah is also reading some Megan Whalen Turner—A Conspiracy of Kings.

Amie is reading Shadow & Bone by our very own Leigh Bardugo.

Vanessa is reading Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake.

Marie is reading Dark Eyes by William Richtner.

JJ is reading Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers.

Jodi is reading Shadowcry by Jenna Burtenshaw.

Julie is reading A Million Suns by Beth Revis.

Leigh is reading Altered by Jennifer Rush. (It doesn’t have a cover yet. 🙁 Boo!)

Kat is reading Bunheads by Sophie Flack.

And I am reading The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth.

Man, so many good books being devoured! Have you read any of these? Do you plan to? What book(s) will be on your nightstand this weekend?

20 Responses to What We’re Reading Now

1. Julie
    Julie Apr 27 2012 at 6:00 am #

Vee, ATONEMENT is one of my fave books; I hope you enjoy it! 😉

• Julie
      Julie Apr 27 2012 at 6:01 am #

Though I should confess throwing it at the wall at least once before finishing it. 😛

• Erin Bowman
        Erin Bowman Apr 27 2012 at 8:59 am #

I broke one of my own personal rules and saw the movie before reading the book. Speaking of throwing things, I wanted to throw my TV a few times, so I’m not sure if I’d make it through the book. The visuals were lovely, though. It was a truly stunning movie. (I’ve heard the writing is the same.)

2. Ange Apr 27 2012 at 7:49 am #

LOVED Grave Mercy! My fave so far of 2012!

• Erin Bowman
      Erin Bowman Apr 27 2012 at 9:00 am #

I keep hearing such great things about GRAVE MERCY. I’ll have to bump it up my TBR list 🙂

• Sooz Apr 27 2012 at 9:11 am #

I have yet to hear a bad thing about GRAVE MERCY–it sounds amazing. Also, can I just say that I really like the cover? It’s got a pretty dress…but the girl still manages to look totally BAMF!

• Erin Bowman
          Erin Bowman Apr 27 2012 at 9:29 am #

Oh, I so agree! She looks like she could kick some major butt.

3. Laura Wardle Apr 27 2012 at 7:50 am #

Right now I’m devouring “Legend” by the fabulous Marie Lu. Love it so freaking much. Day might be the boy who walks in the light, but he’s also the boy who walks in my dream. Mmmm…. Already preordered “Patriot”, of course. 🙂 <3

Oooh, I just ordered "The Thief" by Megan Whalen Turner after Sooz pinned it on Pinterest. (Yes, more Pinterest pressure, girls. Hee.)

• Erin Bowman
      Erin Bowman Apr 27 2012 at 9:01 am #

Doesn’t Day just steal your heart? Love him. Can’t wait for the sequel 🙂

• Sooz Apr 27 2012 at 9:11 am #

OMG, THE THIEF and the entire series are so good. KING OF ATTOLIA is hands-down the best book I’ve read this year. Actually, Gen (from the THIEF) is a lot like Day from LEGEND (also another favorite I’ve read this year!!). You must read them and let me know what you think!

• Erin Bowman
        Erin Bowman Apr 27 2012 at 9:28 am #

Sooz, I’m moving all the THIEF books to the top of my TBR list after your (and Sarah’s) gushing 🙂

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
        Vanessa Di Gregorio Apr 27 2012 at 7:36 pm #

THE THIEF is one of my all-time faves! And Gen is my second literary love (next to George Cooper from The Lioness Quartet :p)

4. Peggy Eddleman Apr 27 2012 at 11:42 am #

Oh, my goodness. Just looking at those covers gave me chills!

• Erin Bowman
      Erin Bowman Apr 27 2012 at 1:57 pm #

So much to read…so little time, eh? 🙂

5. Kacey Apr 27 2012 at 12:40 pm #

So many of these are books I’ve been wanting to read! I FINALLY got my hands on FROI OF THE EXILES yesterday. I just barely started it so I can’t wait to spend the whole weekend reading it slowly–but we’ll see how the slowly thing actually goes. After that THE KING OF ATTOLIA is next on my pile.

• Erin Bowman
      Erin Bowman Apr 27 2012 at 1:58 pm #

People have been pushing me to read FINNIKIN or ages and I still haven’t gotten around to it. I don’t know what I’m waiting for. I’m sure I’ll love it. Enjoy FROI and KING 🙂

6. Krispy Apr 27 2012 at 1:10 pm #

I’m reading A MILLION SUNS and FIRE right now. Hopefully I’ll finish one or both this weekend. I also have THE SONG OF ACHILLES, which I’m eager to get to.

Love seeing what everyone’s reading. I’m dying to read GIRL OF NIGHTMARES, as well as SHADOW AND BONE!

• Erin Bowman
      Erin Bowman Apr 27 2012 at 1:59 pm #

I’m so anxious for GIRL OF NIGHTMARES too! And perfect timing for you with FIRE. You’ll barely have to wait between it and BITTERBLUE 🙂

• Krispy Apr 27 2012 at 3:38 pm #

That was the plan. 🙂 Although, I’ll have to make sure to really get through the book. Haha.

7. Jane Apr 27 2012 at 4:36 pm #

I’m reading ALTERED right now too! It’s really good so far and I can’t wait to see what the finished cover will look like.