May Releases!

By

Vanessa Di Gregorio

Can you believe it’s already May? It seems crazy to me! But it’s definitely a month people have been waiting for! There are some books that people have been anxiously awaiting (BITTERBLUE and INSURGENT and A HERO FOR WONDLA, anyone?), and debut author releases that sound incredible (I, for one, am really interested in ENCHANTED).

It seems like only yesterday that I was agonizing over the long wait till May (I really, really wanted BITTERBLUE). And while I know you all probably have massive to-read piles, I’m sure you’ll end up adding more to the list. Just be thankful I didn’t decide to go through ALL the May YA/MG releases – just ones I’m particularly excited about!

May 1st (ALREADY OUT!)

BITTERBLUE by Kristin Cashore (YA Fantasy)

Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore

INSURGENT by Veronica Roth (YA Dystopian)

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

THE SERPENT’S SHADOW by Rick Riordan (YA Fantasy)

The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

WHAT SHE LEFT BEHIND by Tracy Bilen (YA Mystery)

What She Left Behind by Tracy Bilen

THE VICIOUS DEEP by Zoraida Córdova (YA Paranormal)

The Vicious Deep

May 8th

A HERO FOR WONDLA by Tony DiTerlizzi (MG Fantasy)

A Hero For Wondla by Tony DiTerlizzi

ENCHANTED by Alethea Kontis (YA Fantasy/Fairy Tale Retelling)

Enchanted by Alethea Kontis

HEMLOCK by Kathleen Peacock (YA Paranormal)

Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock

THE HUNT by Andrew Fukuda (YA Dystopian)

CHAINED by Lynne Kelly (MG Contemporary)

Chained by Lynne Kelly

JAKE AND LILY by Jerry Spinelli (MG Contemporary)

Jake and Lily by Jerry Spinelli

WUFTOOM by Mary G. Thompson (YA Fantasy)

Wuftoom

May 22nd

THE ENCHANTRESS by Michael Scott (YA Fantasy)

The Enchantress by Michael Scott

OF POSEIDON by Anna Banks (YA Paranormal)

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

FATED by Alyson Noel (YA Paranormal)

Fated by Alyson Noel

Which of these books are you most excited about? Or is there another May title that you’re anxiously awaiting? Let us know!

Vanessa Di Gregorio works in publishing as a sales rep at Ampersand, a book and gift sales agency. She is also a former literary agency intern. When she isn’t out selling books and talking to bookstores, Vanessa can be found over at Something Geeky, GoodreadsTwitter, or writing for Paper Droids.

10 Responses to May Releases!

1. Julie
    Julie May 7 2012 at 5:57 am #

Great to see a YA mystery on the list… 🙂 Thanks V!

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio May 7 2012 at 2:46 pm #

Yes! Though I think we’ll be seeing more mystery… I’ve been hearing that it might be the next big thing in YA.

2. Chele May 7 2012 at 10:37 am #

OMGGG sooo many books this month that I’ve been waiting for ageeeees for! Bitterblue and Insurgent for sure, but especially The Serpent’s Shadow AND The Enchantress! Haaate the fact that local bookstores here take longer than usual to get new releases out, I expect another couple weeks or so before I get my hands on any of them D: but Enchanted sounds awesome, fairy tale retellings FTW! ;D

3. Sarah Brand May 7 2012 at 11:27 am #

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein comes out May 15! I was lucky enough to read this a couple of years ago, and I am so excited that it’s finally being published. It’s YA historical fiction about a British spy in Nazi-occupied France, and her friendship with a female RAF pilot. So good!

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio May 7 2012 at 2:48 pm #

Oh! I totally meant to put that book on this list… It must’ve slipped my mind. But I have been hearing great things about it! I do love good historical fiction. 🙂

4. Krispy May 7 2012 at 1:29 pm #

So many books! I was also counting down the days until May to get my hands on Bitterblue! I picked it up this weekend! *squee!*

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio May 7 2012 at 2:45 pm #

Have you started reading it yet? I’m a little over halfway done, and I’m loving it! Very different feel from GRACELING, though. A lot of the conflict is internal, but I think it’s amazing!

5. Amie
    Amie May 8 2012 at 5:58 am #

There are SO many good books this month! What I l0ve about these posts, though, is that I learn about new books too. I hadn’t heard of WUFTOOM, but it sounds creepy and fascinating!

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio May 10 2012 at 7:16 am #

I came across WUFTOOM one day when working on the APRIL releases list – and I’ve had the cover saved to my computer so that I can use it! I only realized as I was creating this post that it comes out this month. Every time I look at that cover I’m reminded of Kafka’s METAMORPHOSIS.