July Releases

By

Vanessa Di Gregorio

It’s July! And you know what that means, right? New month, new book releases (woohoo)!  I know, I know – you’re probably swimming in books, but there’s just so much awesome this month that you can’t miss!

Like… SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY by our very own Sooz! YAY! You’ll all have to wait till the end of the month before you can get your hands on a copy, but trust me, it’ll be worth the wait!

And now, I present to you a list of this month’s YA and MG releases that have me salivating:

July 3rd

ONCE by Anna Carey (YA  Dystopian)
TIGER LILY by Jodi Lynn Anderson (YA Fantasy)
DARK COMPANION by Marta Acosta (YA Paranormal)

July 10th

THE SCORPIONS OF ZAHIR by Christine Brodien-Jones (MG Fantasy/Adventure)
THE LAST GUARDIAN by Eoin Colfer (YA Fantasy)

SERAPHINA by Rachel Hartman (YA Fantasy)
THE LITTLE WOODS by McCormick Templeman (YA Mystery/Thriller)

July 17th

SPARK by Amy Kathleen Ryan (YA Science Fiction)
THE UNQUIET by Jeannine Garsee (YA Contemporary)

July 19th

THE GIRL WITH BORROWED WINGS by Rinsai Rossetti (YA Fantasy)

July 24th

SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY by our very own Susan Dennard (YA Steampunk/Horror)
ENDLESSLY by Kiersten White (YA Paranormal)
GUITAR NOTES by Mary Amato (YA Contemporary)

July 31st

DESTINY by Gillian Shields (YA Paranormal)

So – which books are YOU really excited for this month?

Vanessa Di Gregorio works in publishing as a sales rep at Ampersand, a book and gift sales agency. She is also a former literary agency intern. When she isn’t out selling books and talking to bookstores, Vanessa can be found over at Something Geeky, GoodreadsTwitter, or writing for Paper Droids.

22 Responses to July Releases

1. Erin Bowman
    Erin Bowman Jul 2 2012 at 6:49 am #

I’ve heard great things about Seraphina and can’t wait to read.

Butbutbut….SS&D!!! I am dying to put that gorgeousness on my book shelf. And reread, of course. Hooray, Sooz!

2. Amie Kaufman
    Amie Kaufman Jul 2 2012 at 7:02 am #

Cheers indeed for SS&D! I’m so looking forward to the final Artemis Fowl book. End of an era!

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Jul 2 2012 at 1:15 pm #

I LOVED Artemis Fowl when I was younger. I don’t remember what book I stopped on, but I really do want to go back and read (and reread!) them all!

3. Sooz Jul 2 2012 at 8:56 am #

Oh my gosh, that SCORPIONS OF ZAHIR cover is just AMAZING. I have never heard of this book, but one look and I want it. Wow….

And yay! Thanks for mentioning SS&D! 😀

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Jul 2 2012 at 1:16 pm #

ISN’T IT?! As soon as I saw that cover, I knew I wanted it. MG books ALWAYS have such fantastic covers!

And of course! I’m SO excited for you and SS&D!!

4. Megan Duff Jul 2 2012 at 9:26 am #

Most excited for SS&D (of course <3) followed by Endlessly!

Guitar Notes looks cute though and I am very curious about Tiger Lily's premise.

5. Adam Silvera Jul 2 2012 at 9:39 am #

SSaD and EVE were so awesome! Also, one book that I’m really excited about that I already read but must own a copy of is MOTHERSHIP! Probably the funniest book of 2012.

Great titles! I MUST look into SCORPIONS OF ZAHIR.

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Jul 2 2012 at 1:18 pm #

I’ve never heard of MOTHERSHIP! I’m definitely going to add it to my to-read list on Goodreads (it has a fantastic cover!)

• Megan Duff Jul 2 2012 at 3:08 pm #

Oohh, I am in need of a comedy! Great suggestion with MOTHERSHIP 🙂

6. Marina Jul 2 2012 at 12:40 pm #

Ahhh!! NEW ARTEMIS FOWL!!! And also excited for Seraphina.

SSaD!! Congrants!!!! I still can’t get over the dress and the fact that it was handmade!

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Jul 2 2012 at 1:19 pm #

So awesome to see that people still love ARTEMIS FOWL! And YES – so excited for SS&D and Seraphina!

7. Krispy Jul 2 2012 at 1:11 pm #

I’m super excited for SERAPHINA! I’ve read it and it is one of my absolute favorite reads so far this year, and I can’t wait to own a gorgeous hardcover copy of it! 😀

I’m also looking forward to SS&D and Tiger Lily. And I’m looking forward TEAM HUMAN by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan, which I think is out July 3rd.

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Jul 2 2012 at 1:20 pm #

AH! That makes me even MORE excited for Seraphina!

And I vaguely remember hearing about TEAM HUMAN – gotta go add it to my Goodreads to-read list! Thanks 🙂

8. Alexa Loves Books Jul 2 2012 at 4:59 pm #

So many pretty books! I need to check these out on Goodreads and add them to my TBR if necessary 😉

9. Meredith Anderson Jul 2 2012 at 8:57 pm #

SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY!!!! OMFG. *spazzescompletely* I can’t believe it comes out this month! I’m SO EXCITED!!!!

Seraphina, The Unquiet and Guitar Notes look good, too!

Too bad I’m broke….

Mer

10. Lori T. Jul 4 2012 at 1:05 pm #

I’m looking forward to so many of these, especially DARK COMPANION and ENDLESSLY. I was lucky enough to read an ARC of SS&D, and it’s PHENOMENAL! I absolutely loved it!!! Susan’s a fantastic writer 🙂

11. Rika Ashton Jul 4 2012 at 8:44 pm #

This is so random, but when I first looked at the cover for ENDLESSLY, I thought the model was Scarlet Johansson. 😛

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Jul 5 2012 at 1:15 pm #

Hmmm, now that you mention it, I can definitely see similarities! Especially around the mouth. 😛