October Releases!

By

Vanessa Di Gregorio

I have some good news, and some bad news.

Bad news: It’s somehow already October! Winter is coming!
Good news: There are a RIDICULOUS AMOUNT of AWESOME books coming out this month!
Bad news: There goes all your money.
Good news: ALL OF THE BOOKS! SO MUCH AWESOME MG & YA!
Extra good news: Former PC contributor Vahini Naidoo’s book is out this month! (In fact, it’s already out! Go and buy it!)

October 2

THE GIRL WHO FELL BENEATH FAIRYLAND AND LED THE REVELS THERE by Catherynne M. Valente (MG Fantasy)
KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES by Shannon Messenger (MG Fantasy)
THE SPINDLERS by Lauren Oliver (MG Fantasy)

PIRATE CINEMA by Cory Doctorow (YA Science Fiction)
BREATHE by Sarah Crossan (YA Science Fiction)
EVE AND ADAM by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate (YA Science Fiction)

FEEDBACK by Robison Wells

PROMISED by Caragh M. O’Brien (YA Dystopian)
FALL TO PIECES by Vahini Naidoo (YA Contemporary)
FEEDBACK by Robison Wells (YA Dystopian)

October 9

VALKYRIE RISING by Ingrid Paulson (YA Fantasy)
FREAKLING by Lana Krumwiede (MG Dystopian)
IRON HEARTED VIOLET by Kelly Barnhill (MG Fantasy)

—

October 16

CREWEL by Gennifer Albin (YA Dystopian)
THE SHADOW SOCIETY by Marie Rutkoski (YA Paranormal)

October 23

DARK STAR by Bethany Frenette (YA Paranormal)
BLIND SPOT by Laura Ellen (YA Contemporary / Thriller)
THE EVOLUTION OF MARA DYER by Michelle Hodkin (YA Paranormal)

October 30

REBEL HEART by Moira Young (YA Dystopian)
SAPPHIRE BLUE by Kerstin Gier (YA Fantasy)

Did I leave out any that you’re super excited about? Let me know in the comments, and add them to my Goodreads October YA & MG Releases list!

Vanessa Di Gregorio works in publishing as a sales rep at Ampersand, a book and gift sales agency. She is also a former literary agency intern. When she isn’t out selling books and talking to bookstores, Vanessa can be found over at Something Geeky, GoodreadsTwitter, or writing for Paper Droids.

19 Responses to October Releases!

1. Julie Eshbaugh
    Julie Eshbaugh Oct 5 2012 at 6:23 am #

Wow! Is it just me, or are the MG covers this month just amazing?!? Thanks for the sneak peek, V!

2. Kirsty in London Oct 5 2012 at 6:58 am #

Oooh, I love these posts! Really looking forward to checking out Crewel, as it has received so much buzz. Much prefer the US cover to the UK one though.

A couple of historicals coming out in the UK this month have caught my eye: WWI tale ELEVEN ELEVEN by Paul Dowswell, in which the destinies of three teen boys (British, American and German) converge in the 24 hours leading up to the armistice. In the mood for something gritty and masculine after a lot of girly YA, so this one should fit the bill. (December release in the US.) Also A WORLD BETWEEN US by Lydia Syson, which follows three teens who get caught up in the Spanish Civil War (not sure if this has a US release).

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Oct 5 2012 at 3:28 pm #

I’m always on the lookout for gritty and masculine YA! Thanks for that – I’m going to add that book to my to-read list! 🙂

And you know, I often find myself preferring UK covers over the US ones, but I agree with you on the Crewel cover – the US one is more appealing!

3. Patrick Stahl Oct 5 2012 at 7:12 am #

Rick Riordan’s THE MARK OF ATHENA came out on the 2nd.

4. Christa Oct 5 2012 at 10:17 am #

So excited for all these books. Especially all the fabulous middle grade! I’m also really intrigued by Dark Star. Superheroes tend to win me over every time.

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Oct 5 2012 at 3:29 pm #

I am so ridiculously excited for the MG titles too! And the superhero slant totally sold me on Dark Star as well! I like how you think, Christa 😉

5. Krispy Oct 5 2012 at 12:01 pm #

Oh man, all the MG covers are so freaking fantastic! I love them! So many books, so little time! I have one more obscure-er October release that I’m personally looking forward to. It’s Michelle Cooper’s final book in her Montmaray Journals trilogy – The FitzOsbornes at War. I think that comes out this Tuesday and I’m so excited because I love the characters in these books to pieces!

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Oct 5 2012 at 3:32 pm #

I want to frame every single one of the MG covers. They’re just STUNNING!

And oooh, I haven’t head of that trilogy! Guess I’ll have to look it up now 😉

6. Adriana Oct 5 2012 at 2:15 pm #

Omg how did I not know PROMISED was coming out?! SO MUCH EXCITEMENT. Also, MARK OF ATHENA!!!! I’ve only been waiting for that book forever… There are a bunch on that list that I’m definitely reading. My TBR pile is quickly turning into a monster of awesome lol

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Oct 5 2012 at 3:33 pm #

I’m SO going to start saying “monster of awesome” now! LOVE IT!

And I can’t believe I left out MARK OF ATHENA. It’s so hard keeping track!

7. Yahong Oct 5 2012 at 4:37 pm #

So many books to be excited about! Feedback and Fall to Pieces and OMG Cory Doctorow has a new book!? Must look it up pronto. And ooh, Freakling sounds so cool, thanks for putting it on my radar. I’m really looking forward to reading Iron Hearted Violet, too! Wow. People say “There are so many great books coming out!” all the time, but this time, I actually mean it! 😀

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Oct 8 2012 at 9:40 am #

I’ve actually been looking forward to October for a while, because I started putting together this list months ago! I’m so happy to have been able to find a lot of fantastic MG coming out this month, too!

And Cory Doctorow has ANOTHER book coming out early in the new year. He’s a writing beast!

8. Ange/Libby Blog Oct 5 2012 at 10:46 pm #

So many on my TBR list! Great month!

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Oct 8 2012 at 9:41 am #

I have NO IDEA how I’ll be able to read all these books! (But that won’t stop me from trying!)

9. Ameriie Oct 8 2012 at 12:18 am #

Sooo many books; soooo little time! *and the tbr list gets longer…again*

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Oct 8 2012 at 9:43 am #

Oh man, my TBR list is a mountain right now. I honestly have no idea how I’ll ever get to all these awesome books! There’s just so much I want to read!