December Releases!

By

Vanessa Di Gregorio

The holidays are almost here – which might be why December is a slow month for book releases. Though let’s be honest – that’s probably a good thing, considering how many fantastic books have come out this year (not to mention what with holiday shopping, our wallets could use a break!). But quiet as this month is, it certainly doesn’t mean that 2012 will go out without some pretty cool books coming out before the year comes to a close.

So, get ready for your to-read pile to grow with the last YA & MG books of 2012 that have caught my eye!

December 6

THE FRIDAY SOCIETY by Adrienne Kress (YA Steampunk)

December 11

FALLING KINGDOMS by Morgan Rhodes (YA Fantasy)
MAGICALAMITY by Kate Saunders (MG Dystopian)

LOVE AND OTHER PERISHABLE ITEMS by Laura Buzo (YA Contemporary)
NOT EXACTLY A LOVE STORY by Audrey Couloumbis (YA Historical)

—

December 18

THE DARKEST MINDS by Alexandra Bracken (YA Dystopian)
SCENT OF MAGIC by Maria V. Snyder (YA Fantasy)

—

If I’ve missed a December YA or MG release that you think deserves some love, let me know in the comments – and add them to my Goodreads December YA & MG Releases list!

Vanessa Di Gregorio works in publishing as a sales rep at Ampersand, a book and gift sales agency. She is also a former literary agency intern. When she isn’t out selling books and talking to bookstores, Vanessa can be found over at Something Geeky, GoodreadsTwitter, or writing for Paper Droids.

13 Responses to December Releases!

1. Sooz Dec 3 2012 at 10:46 am #

Awesome list, V!! I just LOVE that FRIDAY SOCIETY cover–so badass!

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! <3

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Dec 3 2012 at 6:47 pm #

Thanks Sooz! (Finding December releases was HAAAARD :p). And I totally love the FRIDAY SOCIETY cover, too!

(Also – thanks for the b-day wishes! <3)

2. Sarah J. Maas
    Sarah J. Maas Dec 3 2012 at 3:40 pm #

I am SO EXCITED for THE DARKEST MINDS! One of my all-time favorite books. <3

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY, V!!!!!!

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Dec 3 2012 at 6:48 pm #

I feel like I’ve been waiting for it for AGES – you’ve been gushing about it for so long!

And thank you! <3

3. alicejane011 Dec 3 2012 at 5:36 pm #

I read Maria V. Synder’s Poison Study series and I didn’t know that she had a new book coming out this month! Also, happy birthday! 😀

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Dec 3 2012 at 6:49 pm #

Thanks! 😀

And I’ve never read the Poison Study series (though I REALLY want to, especially since I hear so many good things about it!). One of these days, I’ll hopefully get to it! 🙂

4. Ange/Libby Blog Dec 4 2012 at 12:51 am #

Oh how I can’t wait to read The Friday Society!!!

5. Alexa Y. Dec 4 2012 at 1:11 pm #

There are so many titles I’m excited about on this list. I just got to read Scent of Magic, and loved it! And I’m going to start The Darkest Minds today 🙂

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Dec 9 2012 at 12:20 pm #

Ooooooh! I really, really want to start reading Maria V. Snyder’s books!

6. Estelle Dec 7 2012 at 3:51 pm #

Sort of a slower month, isn’t it? I absolutely adored Not Exactly a Love Story and I can’t wait to get Love and Other Perishable Items on my doorstep. (Or work counter…) I preordered after hearing so many excellent things about it.

Another December release that I loved is Where You Are by J.H. Trumble. It’s sort of mature young adult but definitely a multi-layered must-read.

• Vanessa Di Gregorio
      Vanessa Di Gregorio Dec 9 2012 at 12:22 pm #

Yes, December is super slow for new releases! It’s already a hectic month, so books released in December can sometimes get a little lost in the shuffle.

And thanks for mentioning Where You Are! I checked it out on Goodreads, and it sounds very interesting!

7. composite samsung Nov 16 2014 at 8:49 am #

Admiring the hard work you put into your blog and in depth information you provide.
    It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t
    the same out of date rehashed information. Fantastic read!
    I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my
    Google account.