The Best of Pub Crawl 2012

491 pages.

206,476 words.

What am I referring to, you might ask??? 3 novels? 25 chapter books? 516 picture books? 5,160 greeting cards??

No. It’s much more than that.

I am referring to hard work, dear readers. Over the past year, PubCrawl has brought you advice, facts and information about publishing, interesting interviews, book recommendations, and also…pictures of cute dogs. They have given you content for an ENTIRE YEAR in just 206,476 words.

I volunteered for the task of perusing our archives to create a Best of 2012 list of goodness for you. I volunteered because I thought it would be fun to reread some posts, and even more so to read some for the first time that I may have missed over the year. What I didn’t expect was how difficult it would be to pick the Best of the Best posts! There are so many good ones!!

Well. A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.

For those in the throes of writing, some helpful posts for you:

For those revising their manuscript:

For those taking the next steps (querying, conferences, social media, etc):

For those looking for a good book to read (some Pub Crawl recommendations):

For those interested in the Publishing Industry:

For general fun reads:

And for a history on books:

And there you have it folks! 2012’s BEST POSTS OF PUBCRAWL, but only IMHO.

We’re closing down for the holidays, but we’ll be back on January 7th with a ton of giveaways to kick off 2013! So stay tuned and see you after the apocalypse!

Happy, happy holidays!!!

11 Responses to The Best of Pub Crawl 2012

1. JQ Trotter Dec 14 2012 at 7:27 pm #

Thank you for complying this list and for the whole year of great posts.

2. Laura Wardle Dec 15 2012 at 3:13 am #

Love the list you’ve compiled, Joanna. Will go through all the posts you’ve selected this weekend and have a good reread. Thanks!

Also, I’m thrilled that my guest post on working as a library assistant was featured amongst the best of 2012! I’m honoured. 🙂 <333

3. Kirsty in London Dec 15 2012 at 10:47 am #

Many, many thanks for all the insight and inspiration over the past year, PubCrawlers – and a joyous festive season to you all! 🙂

4. Amie Kaufman
    Amie Kaufman Dec 16 2012 at 6:03 am #

Holy cow, we just about wrote a trilogy. Thanks for the round up — I learn so much from the other members of Pub Crawl, and these posts have reminded me of more than one valuable lesson learned.

5. Lori T. Dec 16 2012 at 8:49 pm #

This is one of my favorite blogs because it has so many great posts from talented writers who are all helping out other writers, new and established. I know this blog has helped my writing out tremendously. Many thanks to everyone who has contributed and best wishes on the holiday season!

6. Biljana
    Biljana Dec 17 2012 at 1:36 pm #

Thanks for doing this wonderful round-up, Jo :). Let’s hear it for the new year!

7. Claire M. Caterer Dec 20 2012 at 7:38 am #

What a great list to peruse over my holidays! Thank you all for maintaining one of my top go-to sites. Looking forward to more in 2013!

8. Samuel Feb 5 2013 at 8:31 am #

Nuts Pub Crawl London is the best Clubbing tour in London.Its facilities are given blow:

* Free entry
    * 4 Clubs
    * Free shots
    * Discounted drinks
    * Jump the queue
    * Professional photographer
    * Meet people from all around the world

9. jeremie Jan 9 2014 at 5:33 am #

I also advise the Nuts Pub Crawl London. Great guides. Cheap drinks, cool clubs. A Must do it.