Reading you under the table since 2012

September 2013 Releases

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown

By

Vanessa Di Gregorio

September marks the end of summer (nooo!), and the start of school for many. But on the plus side, it’s also a very big month for new books!

And know what’s even better? Two of our own have releases this month: Kat’s ONCE WE WERE, and Jodi’s e-novella PHOENIX OVERTURE! EEEE!

Anyways, let’s just get right to it, shall we? Here are the September MG & YA releases I’m excited about! If I missed any (and I know I missed a lot, because otherwise this list would be MASSIVE), yell at me in the comments!

September 3

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown  Phoenix Overture  All Our Yesterdays
THE COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWN by Holly Black (YA Paranormal)
PHOENIX OVERTURE (e-book novella) by PC’s own Jodi Meadows (YA Fantasy/Science Fiction)
ALL OUR YESTERDAYS by Cristin Terrill (YA Dystopia)

The 100  The Transfer  Scorched
THE 100 by Kass Morgan (YA Science Fiction)
THE TRANSFER (e-book novella) by Veronica Roth (YA Dystopia)
SCORCHED by Mari Mancusi (YA Fantasy)

September 8

The Truth About You and Me
THE TRUTH ABOUT YOU AND ME by PC alum Amanda Grace aka Mandy Hubbard (YA Contemporary)

September 10

Fangirl  More Than This  Final Descent
FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell (YA Contemporary)
MORE THAN THIS by Patrick Ness (YA Dystopia)
FINAL DESCENT by Rick Yancey (YA Horror)

Monsters   Antigoddess
MONSTERS by Ilsa J. Bick (YA Horror)
ANTIGODDESS by Kendare Blake (YA Paranormal)

September 17

ONCE WE WERE  The Dream Thieves  Fortunately the Milk
ONCE WE WERE by PC’s very own Kat Zhang (YA Science Fiction)
THE DREAM THIEVES by Maggie Stiefvater (YA Paranormal)
FORTUNATELY, THE MILK by Neil Gaiman (MG Fantasy)

The Burning Sky  3 59  This Song Will Save Your Life
THE BURNING SKY by Sherry Thomas (YA Fantasy)
3:59 by Gretchen McNeil (YA Paranormal)
THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE by Leila Sales (YA Contemporary)

September 24

Untold   Steelheart
UNTOLD by Sarah Rees Brennan (YA Paranormal)
STEELHEART by Brandon Sanderson (YA Fantasy)

Battle Magic   Inhuman
BATTLE MAGIC by Tamora Pierce (YA Fantasy)
INHUMAN by Kat Falls (YA Dystopia)

Not a Drop to Drink  Find Me  The Fallout
NOT A DROP TO DRINK by Mindy McGinnis (YA Dystopia)
FIND ME by Romily Bernard (YA Mystery)
THE FALLOUT by S.A. Bodeen (YA Dystopia)

September 26

Shadows  Atlantis Rising  The Falconer
SHADOWS by Robin McKinley (YA Fantasy)
ATLANTIS RISING by T.A. Barron (MG Fantasy)
THE FALCONER by Elizabeth May (YA Steampunk)

If I missed any you’re excited about, let us know in the comments – and add them to my Goodreads September YA & MG Releases list.

—

Vanessa Di Gregorio works in publishing as a sales rep at Ampersand, a book and gift sales agency. She is also a former literary agency intern. When she isn’t out selling books and talking to bookstores, Vanessa can be found over at Something Geeky, GoodreadsTwitter, or writing for Paper Droids.

This entry was posted in Industry News, Upcoming Titles and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

28 Comments

1. Posted September 2, 2013 at 6:47 am | Permalink

I just spent $70 on books from this post alone. Curse you, Vanessa! There are so many that look so, sooooooo good!

• Posted September 3, 2013 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

Mwahahaha! Excellent.

If it makes you feel better, I am also now down a whole lot of money because I put this post together. AND I have no space for them in my house!

2. Posted September 2, 2013 at 7:45 am | Permalink

Sky Jumpers by Peggy Eddleman (MG dystopian) also comes out on the 24th from Random House.

3. Posted September 2, 2013 at 7:55 am | Permalink

So many great books. I loved All Our Yesterdays, Scorched, The Dream Thieves, and Sky Jumpers.

4. Posted September 2, 2013 at 8:12 am | Permalink

So many of these books are already on my buy list but the book I’ve most looked forward to is Elizabeth Wein’s ROSE UNDER FIRE

• Posted September 3, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

I can’t believe I didn’t realize that I missed a new Elizabeth Wein book! CODE NAME VERITY was definitely a PC group fave. Thanks!

5. Posted September 2, 2013 at 8:28 am | Permalink

YAY for September releases!!!!

Canvas Bound (Book 1 in the Captive Art series) by Laura M. Kolar comes out tomorrow (Sept 3)!!

6. Posted September 2, 2013 at 8:28 am | Permalink

Looks like dystopia is making a comeback. Wondering if any of these are indie….

• Posted September 3, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Yeah, I have a feeling dystopia is going to stick around for quite some time still. And the Fall season is a good time for them to be coming out, which might be why this list is full of them!

7. Posted September 2, 2013 at 10:26 am | Permalink

I’ve had the chance to read an ARC of 3:59 by Gretchen McNeil and its full of suspense. I want everyone of those books on my shelf!

8. Posted September 2, 2013 at 11:06 am | Permalink

I love these posts! So great to see what’s coming out!

• Posted September 3, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Yay, thanks! I love putting them together. (And hate it, cause then I realize just how many awesome books I need to buy, and my to-read pile ends up growing by leaps and bounds!)

9. Posted September 2, 2013 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Thanks for posting this! It’s always so helpful when you do a roundup of everything coming out.

• Posted September 3, 2013 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

Hurrah! I’m so glad it’s helpful to others as well! I sometimes feel like I’m in a bubble, and don’t know about any books coming out except from the publishers I rep. So these roundups are such a great way for me to see what else is out there!

10. Posted September 2, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

So many things to look forward to in September! I’m definitely ready for ONCE WE WERE, and I have been ready for BATTLE MAGIC since I read THE WILL OF THE EMPRESS back in 2005.

11. Posted September 2, 2013 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

Vanessa, this is a great round-up! Of course, I can’t wait for ONCE WE WERE and PHOENIX OVERTURE :). I’m also looking forward to checking out THE TRUTH ABOUT YOU AND ME, FANGIRL, and THE FALCONER (among other – this is a really compelling list!)

12. Posted September 2, 2013 at 8:19 pm | Permalink

I’m going to go so broke from all the bookish goodness that will be out in December. Aaaah!

• Posted September 2, 2013 at 8:20 pm | Permalink

And by December, I actually mean September – though I will probably also be going broke in December thanks to the holidays…

• Posted September 3, 2013 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

I think Sept through Dec = money being spent nonstop! And now that it’s fall, there are going to be SO MANY BOOKS!

13. Posted September 2, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Permalink

So many books to be excited about!

14. Posted September 8, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Permalink

The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White comes out on the 10th published by HarperTeen.

And FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell- AMAZING!!