Reading you under the table since 2012

April 2014 Releases!

By

Vanessa Di Gregorio

Spring is (sorta) here. Hurrah!

Good riddance, snow! As much as I love curling under a warm blanket to read in the winter months, it just doesn’t compare to the feeling of warm sunshine. But Spring also means rainy days, and nights that are uncomfortably chilly compared to the balmy days – not that I’m complaining! Because, of course, it also means MORE BOOKS.

Now, before I get to the list of April YA & MG books that have caught my eye, I do have to point out that we’ve got a bit of celebrating to do. Because this month, the sequel TAKEN by our very own Erin Bowman is releasing! FROZEN is here! AND IT IS SO PRETTY. ‘Grats, Erin!

And without further ado…

April 1

Love-Letters-to-the-Dead  Dorothy-Must-Die  Salvage
LOVE LETTERS TO THE DEAD Ava Dellaira (YA Contemporary)
DOROTHY MUST DIE by Danielle Paige (YA Fantasy)
SALVAGE by Alexandra Duncan (YA Science Fiction)

Stolen-Songbird  The-Ring-and-the-Crown  Rose-and-the-Lost-Princess
STOLEN SONGBIRD by Danielle L. Jensen (YA Fantasy)
THE RING AND THE CROWN by Melissa De La Cruz (YA Fantasy)
ROSE AND THE LOST PRINCESS by Holly Webb (MG Fantasy)

Going-Over  Sekret
GOING OVER by Beth Kephart (YA Historical)
SEKRET by Lindsay Smith (YA Historical / Paranormal)

April 8

The-Nethergrim  The-Klaatu-Terminus  Plus-One
THE NETHERGRIM by Matthew Jobin (MG Fantasy)
THE KLAATU TERMINUS by Pete Hautman (MG Fantasy)
PLUS ONE by Elizabeth Fama (YA Dystopian)

The-Interrogation-of-Ashala-Wolf  Toxic-Heart  Dreams-of-Gods-and-Monsters
THE INTERROGATION OF ASHALA WOLF by Ambelin Kwaymullina (YA Dystopian)
TOXIC HEART by Theo Lawrence (YA Dystopian)
DREAMS OF GODS AND MONSTERS by Laini Taylor (YA Fantasy)

Upside-Down-in-the-Middle-of-Nowhere  Rebel-Belle  Far-From-You
UPSIDE DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE by Juliet Lamana (MG Contemporary)
REBEL BELLE by Rachel Hawkins (YA Fantasy)
FAR FROM YOU by Tess Sharpe (YA Mystery)

The-Here-and-Now  Always-Emily
THE HERE AND NOW by Ann Brashares (YA Science Fiction)
ALWAYS EMILY by Michaela MacColl (YA Historical / Mystery)

Sea-of-Shadows  Noggin

SEA OF SHADOWS by Kelley Armstrong (YA Fantasy)
NOGGIN by John Corey Whaley (YA Science Fiction)

April 15

Frozen by Erin Bowman  House-of-Ivy-and-Sorrow  The-Forbidden-Library

FROZEN by PC’s own Erin Bowman (YA Dystopian)
HOUSE OF IVY AND SORROW by Natalie Whipple (YA Fantasy)
THE FORBIDDEN LIBRARY by Django Wexler (MG Fantasy)

A-World-Without-Princes   The-Forever-Song   The-Geography-of-You-and-Me
A WORLD WITHOUT PRINCES by Soman Chainani (MG Fantasy)
THE FOREVER SONG by Julie Kagawa (YA Paranormal)
THE GEOGRAPHY OF YOU AND ME by Jennifer E. Smith (YA Contemporary)

The-Accidental-Keyhand   High-and-Dry
THE ACCIDENTAL KEYHAND by Jen Swann Downey (MG Fantasy)
HIGH AND DRY by Sarah Skilton (YA Mystery)

April 22

The-Boundless  The-Eighth-Day  Talker-25

THE BOUNDLESS by Kenneth Oppel (MG Fantasy)
THE EIGHTH DAY by Dianne K. Salerni (MG Fantasy)
TALKER 25 by Joshua McCune (YA Fantasy)

Prisoner-of-Night-and-Fog  The-Inventors-Secret  She-Is-Not-Invisible
PRISONER OF NIGHT AND FOG by Anne Blankman (YA Historical)
THE INVENTOR’S SECRET by Andrea Cremer (YA Science Fiction / Steampunk)
SHE IS NOT INVISIBLE by March Sedwick (YA Mystery)

Deceptions-Princess   Expiration-day
DECEPTION’S PRINCESS by Esther Friesner (YA Fantasy)
EXPIRATION DAY by William Campbell Powell (YA Science Fiction)

April 29

The-Luck-Uglies  The-Taking  In-The-Shadows
THE LUCK UGLIES by Paul Durham (MG Fantasy)
THE TAKING by Kimberly Derting (YA Science Fiction)
IN THE SHADOWS by Kiersten White, Illustrated by Jim Di Bartolo (YA Paranormal)

Anyone else notice the two middle-grade books centered around libraries coming out the same day?

As always, if  you know about any April releases that I’ve missed, let me know in the comments! And add them to my Goodreads April 2014 MG & YA Releases list.

—

Vanessa Di Gregorio works in publishing as a sales rep at Ampersand, a book and gift sales agency. She is also a former literary agency intern. When she isn’t out selling books and talking to bookstores, Vanessa can be found over at Something Geeky, GoodreadsTwitter, or writing for Paper Droids.

This entry was posted in Industry News, Upcoming Titles and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

16 Comments

1. Posted April 8, 2014 at 4:07 am | Permalink

So many of these look good. What to read first….

2. Posted April 8, 2014 at 5:57 am | Permalink

So many greats getting ready to release this month!

3. Posted April 8, 2014 at 8:38 am | Permalink

Sea of Shadows and Dreams of Gods & Monsters are currently waiting in my mailbox! And I am VERY CLOSE to pre-ordering The Boundless because TRAINS and KENNETH OPPEL who has a good track record for producing awesome books (he’s also a fellow Canadian). There are a couple others I’ve been considering, but haven’t made up my mind yet (or in other words, don’t have to funds cause I’m jobless).

• Posted April 8, 2014 at 8:40 am | Permalink

Oh! And I forgot I have Stolen Songbird. Pre-ordered it in March and got it early! I’m hoping to start it this weekend :D

4. Posted April 8, 2014 at 9:13 am | Permalink

Scrolling down through this post was like walking down the candy aisle- or the cookie, chip, or ice cream aisle!- in the grocery store. So many good things! =)

• Posted April 9, 2014 at 11:18 pm | Permalink

Haha! Best analogy ever :D That is the PERFECT way to describe it! Putting these posts together is always the best (because PRETTY COVERS!)

5. Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

As always, thanks for rounding up the releases, V! And thanks for the Frozen shoutout! :)

I’m especially looking forward to Dreams of Gods & Monsters (can’t wait to see how this series concludes) and Plus One (loved Fama’s most recent YA, and excited to try this one).

6. Posted April 8, 2014 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

Such beautiful covers!

I can’t wait to get my hands on FAR FROM YOU by Tess Sharpe.

Thanks for including HIGH & DRY!

• Posted April 9, 2014 at 11:20 pm | Permalink

I always wind up with some serious cover lust when I put these lists together. And of course! HIGH & DRY looks AMAZING! :)

7. Posted April 8, 2014 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Having a serious case of coverlust right now! These are so beautiful. :D

So many of these are already on my TBR list, but it looks like I’ll be adding a few more to my Chapters Wishlist.

• Posted April 9, 2014 at 11:22 pm | Permalink

ME TOO! I mean, to be honest, when am I NOT suffering from coverlust? ;) So much pretty!

I’m pretty sure I could build a TBR fort. I think it’s safe to say that I passed the “pile” mark. :)

8. Posted April 9, 2014 at 9:25 am | Permalink

So excited for so many of these! I just bought PLUS ONE last night, and I *can’t wait* for FROZEN!