Hello Pub Crawlers!
The New Leaf Literary team is really excited that the weather has finally warmed up. It’s perfect for reading in Central Park, lunches in Bryant Park, walks along the river, and more—and so we wanted to celebrate.
A bundle of books is up for grabs to the person who can come up with a fantastic summer themed six word story (yes, you heard correctly—only six words!), judged by the team at New Leaf.
Here are the books you could win:
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
- Strange & Ever After by Susan Dennard
- Sanctum by Sarah Fine
- Shut Out by Kody Keplinger
- a movie tie-in edition of Insurgent by Veronica Roth
This exercise, for those of you who don’t know, comes from Ernest Hemingway, who knew how difficult something like this would be to achieve. If you need an idea of a few famous examples, see the below:
For sale: Baby shoes. Never worn. —Ernest Hemingway
Longed for him. Got him. Shit. —Margaret Atwood
Wasted day. Wasted life. Dessert, please. —Steven Meretzky
We only have three rules.
- It must be exactly six words (and your own words only).
- It must celebrate/focus on the theme of summer.
- Be as creative as you want!
Please post your stories in the comments section. We’re looking forward to reading them!
♥ —the New Leaf team
UPDATE: The winner of our contest was…
With the awesome story:
Mouthful of salt water. Undertow wins.
Thank you to all our amazing entrants!!