[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/246094544″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
This week JJ and Kelly give you tips and tricks on how to keep going in NaNoWriMo.
JJ is hosting a NaNoWriMo pep talk every Friday in November at her blog. Stop on by if you need a swift kick in the pants (since that’s the only kind of encouragement I know how to give).
- Pantser vs. Plotter
- Justina Ireland (tehawesomersace): #kidlitnano
- Pomodoro technique (app for iOS and Android)
- NaNoWordSprints (let us know if you guys would like us to host a Twitter sprint and we’ll try and arrange something!)
- Mur Lafferty’s I Should Be Writing NaNoWriMo podcast episodes (regular episodes and Ditch Diggers)
- Story Wonk’s NaNoWriMo podcast
What We’re Reading/Books Discussed
- Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky
- Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan, and Deb Biancotti
- Me Talk Pretty One Day and Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris
Other Creative Endeavors
Just NaNoWriMo this month for both JJ and Kelly, but JJ did write up this epic breakdown of the Hogwarts Houses. Sort yourselves, y’all, and tell us which House you are according to this matrix.
Off Menu Recommendations
That’s all for this week! Let us know how y’all are doing so far!